Saturday, August 30, 2008

FALL

In my opinion Fall has arrived. This morning Mike and I went to a balloon rally, The Colorado Springs Balloon Classic. Smaller and much less crowded than Fiesta but very nice. I have not been to a balloon rally in awhile and acted like quite the tourist/balloon rally novice. I took a ton of pictures! It was fun! One of the best parts is eating funnel cake for breakfast! :)

Here are a couple of pictures for your enjoyment:

This is not the greatest picture but I had to take one of the yellow and green balloon, "Flaming Wonder", for my mother. The pilot and the balloon are from McCook, Nebraska, birth place of my Mama. They have an annual rally in McCook~~ family vacation anyone? The balloon in front of it is "Lucy" and is from Albuquerque.






The balloon to the left I believe is "Mountain Breeze" from CO and the one to the right is "Raggedy Ann". These are 2 of my favorite balloons~ the flowers and the patch work quilt.





Many of the balloons did Splash N Dashes in the lake. The reflections were neat. I just could not get the camera to take a fabulous picture of the balloons and reflections but I dont think this one is too bad.




This guy is just adorable!






Now it is time to go find some roasted green chile and put it up for the next year; an apple orchard and pick apples for pie; and a pumpkin spice latte! I love the Fall!!!

No comments: