Monday, April 27, 2009

Snow

This state is sooo weird! I love it! This last week it was in the 70s, close to 80. One day may have gotten to 80 I dont remember. Anyway, last night as Mike and I were closing the house up to go to bed Mike pulled me to the window to show me how much it was raining. As we were standing there I noticed that the raindrops appeared white in the street lights. Not believing me we moved to the back of the house, opened up the sliding glass door leading to the deck to take a better look! Sure enough there were huge wet flakes falling from the sky! I attempted (it did not work out too well as you can see) to capture them.

In the beginning:

About 5-10 minutes later:


This morning #1:


This morning #2:


We awoke this morning to about an inch on the ground. As I am typing this it has decided to go from drizzle to full out snowing. And yet it is suppose to be 54 degrees today, warming up to 76 by Thursday! Crazy and so much fun!

A friend from work said the other day that it is easier to deal with Spring snows here than in Minnesota because you know that tomorrow will be sunny, warm, and green where as in Minnesota it stays grey, cold and white (or I would imagine brown like any place that experiences breakup). Not that I wouldn't but I am going to enjoy another day of snow!

I hope that you all enjoy your Monday! Be happy!
~~~Suzanne

No comments: